SVT, pvc, pac, palpations, dizziness on and off?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im a bit of a mess. Back in 1996 i was diagnosed with svt after a heart rate of 200bpm, meds at the ER brought it down, i was on meds ever since.

In recent years i started having more issues, may or may not be svt/related. The first that could be unrelated is that since 2018 i've had a weeze after being in my house (or so i think) for too many days in row, current theory, old dog that has been gone for two years, but the carpets are 15 years old, cleaned and tried every remedy in sight, but i still have this issue which often results in mucus coughing up (not a ton, and not often).

But at the same time in the last few months i've had spells of heart skips, then getting faint/light headed. I wore a monitor for a full 30 days and it only recorded one "run", it got a few of the pvc/pac's.

I told my heart dr recently that i've had more and more of these skips and spells but they are indicating that if im getting dizzy its not related to pac/pvc, but i dont think this is right (the nurse said).

About 3 months ago too, i biked an average of 20 - 30 miles per week for a month. Then in October when these spells would start, it also included a higher heart rate of 90-130, stuck basically for hours a few days a week. The doctor since then increased my metoprolol from 50 to 75, though im still not convinced it was the issue. I actually wonder if prilosec i'd been on for years lead to the high heart rate and more recently 3 straight days of trying protonix lead to the skips and faint spells.

I've tried to get answers from both the heart and lung dr, but frankly they arent suggesting much now. I had a ct scan for the lungs a year ago which was normal, the heart doctor has me about to do a stress test with dye to look for oxygen/blood flow issues.

I initially did ask the heart dr about ablation, but his words were that it cant be done even given the heart monitor results, not enough data to track where to even burn things.

Has anyone ever gone through anything this crazy and what did it turn out to be?

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The latest is i seem to have a few seconds of dizziness or lightheaded even recently, several times a day randomly, not always associated with a "feelable" heart skip or pause either.

I'm hoping its just the metropolol effecs

• Edited

hi there it could have something to do with your thyroid levels. I have svt. Started in my early 20s the day after drinking heart rate 270 while i was at work had to go to hospital it took two times to slow it down. . Now im in 40s same thing day after drinking 240 went to hospital two times again to slow it down. . im no longer drinking because it has scared me so bad. Ive been on synthroid 28 yrs had my left thyroid removed they recently took me off the synthroid because my levels were off now i feel better so it could be that im still afraid to drink. I went to cardiologist they said i have an extra electrical rod im one of the 20% so im unsure if its the drinking or not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.