Swallowing issue and collarbone pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello!

I have had GERD for 9 months now. I've been through a lot of weird symptoms over that time period and now i'm only really feeling hoarsness and swallowing issues. When i swallow food/drink i feel it go to the left of my neck down to my left collarbone instead of through esophagus down to my stomach. I often feel pain and tightness in my collarbone that goes up the left side of my neck. Also when i swallow i can feel it in my left ear. Could this all together be an ear issue? I know GERD can cause ear issues. Anyone else feeling this?

Any help is much appreciated ^.^

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

You can develop a stricture in your throat or a spasm in the muscles that help you swallow. I only know this as a relative developed this and it was diognosed by a scope down the throat and then a barium swallow. Of course it might be none of the above but perhaps worth getting checked?

Good luck!

• Posted

Is it dangerous if left untreated? I'm dealing with some other health issues at the moment and also when i told my mom about that, she disregarded it saying it's a mere cold or something.

If it is dangerous, do you think it could wait another year? rolleyes

Also, thx for replying! smile

• Posted

It could be a sore spot in your esiphagus food irritates it I would ask your doctor about it try eating soft  food eat slowly and no spices foods no coffee and fizzy drinks 
    • Posted

Hiya

No its not dangerous and is prob all related to GERD, gives us all horrid probs, especially ears but I would get it checked out. A year well thats a long time to wait for a health issue if its bothering you.

Best wishes

• Posted

Ah, thank you very much!

I'll try to get it under control as much as i can and if something goes terribly wrong i won't hesitate to visit the ambulance.

Best wishes to you too!

• Posted

i get that feeling down to my left as well feels like something scratching on inside omoprazole not helping me at all this time round 

• Posted

So, I have the same issues, the collarbone pain. Pain in my upper back, behind your heart. My ears itch and are painful. The acid rises, up your throat, gets in to your nasal passage, goes to your ear canal. Can give you an ear infection, and cause sinus infection. Also gives me a headache, from the neck pain. It hurt so bad one month, I thought it was how I slept. I figured it out. Acid reflux
    • Posted

Hope you recover from that soon. :D

That feeling i get is subsiding a little bit thankfully. I also have neck pain on my right side and i've always thought it was from how i slept so i adjusted sleeping positions and it wouldn't help. Now i know acid reflux can cause it too, alongside many other problems

rolleyes gosh now i'm questioning every health issue i've had this year...

• Posted

Maybe it is the gerd or a stricture but go to the doctor and dont leave it for another year just in case. Cannot do you any harm to see the doctor. Keep well and strong.
    • Posted

Thank you, Darren.

I know it won't do any harm, but i'm not really in a position where i can visit a doctor for it any time soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.