Swallowing phobia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was referred to an ENT by my pcp which I saw 2 of them because I have been having some throats issues which included waking up gasping for air, some trouble swallowing/ haven't really eAtin or drank much due to choking on my own food or drinks. Some burning in the throats when I eat..I have been sick for a few weeks so my tonsils are swollen. Anyway went to 2 ENT which both diagnosed me with acid reflux both placed a scope down my nose into my throats said I have no masses or obstruction.. 1st one said minor reflux and other said servere.. been to lung doctor and he gave me same diagnoses.. this trouble eating has only been going on since I got sick 2 weeks ago.. I also have a lot of belching.. but a few months back a urgent care doctor diagnosed me with hpyroi which I was treated for.. now I'm wondering if I would benefit to c a gastro doctor to do an X-ray to see if I have damage to my esopogis or even esophagitis because I don't know how long I have had acid reflux and I just started treatment actually today for it.. Now I have swallowing phobia this is really unreal like I'm at wits end here.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You sound like you suffer anxiety, although it is obvious you need tests to prove all is ok. Talk to your GP and see what way He wants to proceed

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Hi rose I have a month and 2 weeks that i think about death that i am going,to,die and i felt like my heart racing i felt like at anytime i will,die , i would,look at people,and think why we living we all,going to,die and could not really sleep,well , and know after a month i have a week everything shouts,off i,dont even feel,my heart i feel,like i,have no soul,and i am so,weak and its hard to breath even thou iam,breathing and it feels like i will die soon like i just wanted to ask you have you felt this way? Ive been to doctors 4 times and they everything looks fine even though i don't feel like i used to ive lost intersted in everything, i baicilly forgot how to live i just wake up eat read online,sleep i can't do,anyrhing i cant feel my soul i want to feel,alive and i cry all,day because it feels like i,am dying. Have you been in this situation or known someone like me? Help

• Posted

Hi so nice to hear I'm not alone.. I started having extremely bad panic attacks years and years ago but recently they have gotten so bad I can barely leave the house.. can't go out with my kids barely go to work.. my head is on constant overdrive of dying.. what if this what if that.. when something hurts I run to urgent care or hospital or doctors even the minor things anymore..it's use to be where if I was having anpanic attack my heart would race my palms would sweat I would feel like it was a heart attack.. now totally I feel like I'm dead heart stopped can't feel my body.. like I am going to pass out! I have been to every doctor possible that reassures me that I'm okay but I don't want to believe it but y look for something wrong if there is nothing there.. life is so fragile n I want to be happy so do u we deserve it but it's so hard I kno it.. please if u need to talk message me I'm here .. how old r u? This can not kill u it's panic disorder it can take over ur life it has none but there has to be a way to overcome this..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.