Swallowing saliva and bile reflux

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been reading the forum for several months and in most of the posts I read about dry mouth as a symptom of menopause but in my case I have the opposite problem!

?I have gastritis, ibs and bile reflux which is weird because I still have my gall.

?My saliva gets better when I eat, but usually comes back when not eating. Anyone do that?

I also get spasmy throat feelings which doesn't help the saliva thing.

With all my digestive troubles which seem to be cyclic with my period, I can't figure out how to do it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Evi... I have simular issues. Dry mouth and thirst... I had awful trouble with wind and Nausea and ibs but this seems to be easing... I went to GP to have bloods done 2 days ago and he tested for thyroid and diabetes.. But will probably come back fine... This thirst is at night and I end up peeing through the night with not great sleep... It's not all the time so know its hormonal and just try and go with it.... Hope this helps.. Ck

• Posted

hello Carol,

?I hope the results of your tests be fine and conclusive!

?

I don't have  diabetic symptoms such as thirst and urinating frequently but I am experiencing other symptoms of low blood sugar levels such as hypoglycemic attacks after every meal, weird dreams and vivid dreaming almost every night, tingling feet, an awful  feeling of constant hunger ( well, not hungry but always wanting to eat, especially sweet and chocolate) fast short breaths, nervousness and then  I start crying.

Also I  get these hypoglucemic attacks during the first half of my menstrual cycle, usually from day 5 or 6 until ovulation? and after 1 or 2 days prior to my period

?I am not diabetic. I've also had the blood test where they can figure your average blood sugar level and it was very normal. I think that my glucose levels suddenly drop after eating  meal.

?My mouth is not dry, the opposite I am experiencing hypersalivationrolleyes

?I have dry eyes though....

?

• Posted

Hi Ladies,

Well it's been awhile since I tuned into the forum. I had a good run the last couple on months, I started drink a tea spoon of cold compress olive oil and I felt amazing. I recently started to drink Apple cider to help with my weight and of course I screwed up my system, why I'm I telling you This? Because I too got sry mouth and that taste in my mouth😔so I decided to try fasting for a week and hope it will go away, also my stomach feels bloated 😔

• Posted

I did lose my gall bladder during the end of menopause. I have had digestive problems since then and since postmenopause. Every time i try to stop HRT the first thing that start to hurt is my gi tract all the way up to my throat. A burning sensation. As I speak I am trying to go off again and everything feels like it is burning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.