Swaying feeling and dropping sensation

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi this is my story im a 34 year old female and i had my first ever vertigo attack when i was only 19 since then ive had attacks off bppv on and off .

Three years ago i got vertigo that lasted a week it went away ever since ive had more constant balance issues not 24 7 but a whole month of unbalanced sensations then it would go ect .

December last year while getting a massage on my neck i got the scariest episode yet , i felt like i was loosing consciousness as if i was dieing . It felt like i couldn't get up from the massage table like i was incapable of standing up was truly terrifying. This episode lasted about 5 minutes then after i had a swaying type feeling in my head this has now become a feeling that comes and goes ever since that day .

The last few weeks its gotten more constant and i had a strange episode in the supermarket. I was opeing the freezer door and when i moved the door toward me it felt like something punched me in the chest and then it felt like the floor was swallowing me like the floor dropped beneath me . Very scary.

Ever since ive had episodes of unbalanced feelings daily , i have myself booked in on the 23rd of this month with a ent .

My symptoms are

: When i walk i get a feeling of being dragged to my right / not constantly

: A swaying sensation in my head

: Feels like im dropping fast into the ground

: Feels like im being pushed back and forth

: My eyes feel heavy during these attacks

: Head feels like its swimming

: Hard to focus my eyes and i feel foggy headed

: Feels like ill lose consciousness or black out

Ive had blood tests , normal

ive had a mri on neck , i do have a few things wrong with neck that wont cause these symptoms

Ive had a brain mra , i do have a cavanoma on my occipital lobe with a history of mico hemorrhage . No symptoms from this the neurosurgeon told me .

Does anyone have similar and been diagnosed ?

Im hoping the ent can sort this out ..

i should mention i do suffer from genalized anxiety disorder and these episodes are giving me actual panic attacks

Advice please

thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi alison, ive been suffering with similar symptoms for a while. Did you get to the bottom of this in the end?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.