Swaying feeling and tiredness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Not sure if anyone can help . I have struggled with low iron for a few years . My ferritin was 11 and rose to 13 last time I was tested in Nov .

I not really been taking my iron for a few months as had a stomach issue .

I am also on anti depressants for health anxiety and not felt tired etc

However 

Last week I had a viral thing with really bad cough ( cough was main symptom) . It was so bad I was up most of night for a week  . Suddenly it just went away last Sunday but I started to get this strange swaying feeling like being on a boat , I also have sore head like tight feeling across forehead and scalp .

Thought I was maybe congested after that cough in sinus . However it has carried on all week . I also feel very very tired . 

Could this be my anaemia kicking in  . I have always felt OK with my ferritin level at 12 so don't know why I would sudden get dizzy swaying and so tired or maybe my levels are too low . My haemoglobin also low .

I have booked to see my gp on Thursday . 

Does anyone have experience of this symptoms or any ideas . It making me feel terrible and now anxious too .

Any help appreciated . 

Ellie 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, ferritin at around 12 seems very low, what is your haemoglobin level, ferritin is a measure of the iron store, haemoglobin is the iron in the blood, for a female haemoglobin should be around 12 to 15.
  • Posted

Hi Martin 

thanks for replying. I not sure what is is I think it just below the lower range . She said I was anaemic last blood best but year before it was in range just but with ferritin low.

I have never felt that much ill effects from it apart from muscle aches 6 mths ago that went.

this swaying feeling and tiredness is new . Feel queasy too. 

Could it be low iron ?

• Posted

Hi Elliejane

Yes symptoms of low iron are things like tiredness, fatigue, dizziness, light headedness, headaches, palpitations, nausea, etc, it's not good really.

• Posted

Thank you . I feel so ill and scared . 
    • Posted

Hi Elliejane

You need to get your ferritin up, a good supplement I took was bisglycinate 20mg capsules, I took 2 per day 1 morning 1 at night, I opened up the capsules into about 200 mils of water with effervescent vitamin C tablet in, vitamin C helps absorb the iron much better, bisglycinate is a gentle iron you don't get the stomach issue's you get with other iron supplements I had no problems, are you in the UK I'll send PM about the one I took.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.