Sweating..

Posted , 3 users are following.

iv been takin citalopram 10mg for about 2ish weeks now.. and im allways sweating on them. .evan jst lifting my daughter up.. i hav to be carefull with what i ware cuz i get embrassed but the huge sweat marks.. im goin to tell ym doc wen i see her on tuse,, but i was jst wondering do other people sweat from them.. i try some other anit-depressent b4 these.. but i fainted frm them.. thats why she only started m,e o 10mg.. to get me used to it.. but the other day i cud tell i was goin to faint so i pyt my feet in the air to get all the blood back to my heart.. its worring cuz i dnt want to faint infrount of my 13 month old daughter.. ill let you know what she say.. :?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky

I have been on 20mg of citalopram for 5 weeks now and only last week did I stop sweating :shock: especially my hands. The sweating does get back to normal (well it did for me) but it did take time. Good luck with it and keep the faith smile

• Posted

To be honest I've only taken one pill yesterday morning, it knocked me for 6. I was supposed to go for a day trip to france today but i woke up with a cold sweat and weak musles so didn't go. If this is supposed to go on for another 4+ weeks I don't think i can do it. I'm still not feeling normal now.
  • Posted

I have been on 30mg of citalopram for 13 weeks now and feel a bit better but don't think the dose is high enough. Scared to ask for a higher dose as I feel spaced out already. Yes, sweating. I sweat like a 'pig' - I thought that my HRT had stopped working but pharmacist says Citalopram doesn't affect that. Anyway, I have to sleep with towels beneath and on top of me to soak up the sweat during the night (some nights worse than others). GP isn't much help - says that 'maybe' cital. cause sweating. Why don't you have a word with a sympathetic pharmacist - they are more knowedgeable than GPs when it comes to medication. Good luck to both you (and me).[/i]
  • Posted

I've had sweating since on the tablets. I did think it was to do with my weight (I'm not the smallest person in the world). But since seeing the side effects properly and noting when it happens I am now convinced it's the tablets.

It's embarassing when it does happen and more often than not it's when I'm nervous. Or other unexplainable random times!!

It is settling a bit. At first though I did have terrible night sweats with my pillow and sheets wet through. But now that has all but gone. So fingers crossed the nervous sweating will stop in time as it's not great, particularly as the people it tends to happen with don't know why!

• Posted

Hi, I also suffer from sweating on citalopram. I did not realise at first it was as a result of taking them. I take 40mg per day, originally started off on 10mg but had to be increased. My problem is I sweat through the night and wake up with soaking wet hair (my hair is long) and at that time of the month I sweat through my head and my top lip. It is very embarassing, especially when my makeup begins to streak![color=violet:ed9f3191ff][/color:ed9f3191ff] :oops:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.