Sweating

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi sorry to be a pest but could I ask if sweating is with been on pred as since starting them I have Ben more than sweating it seems every hour of the day I'm sweating I started the menopause 13years ago.but never have I had hot flushes like I'm getting since starting on pred so I was just wondering if it worse on them than it is the menopause thank you every body I really appreciate all your input

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes - a common side effect of pred I'm afraid! But it is also a symptom of PMR and it is possible it is both. 

• Posted

Thank you Eileen these sweats are horrible I'm absolutely wringing wet it's worse than any hot flushes iv had sneak thought they were bad boy I start to reduce the pred tomorrow going down to 12 1/2 mg hopefully I can reduce the pred right down eventually

• Posted

We ALL want to get a low low dose - but don't try to force it as you run the risk of having to go back to the beginning.

Wear layers so you can take things off. I had a fan handy. Keep the heating a bit lower than usual. And some ladies used sweat bands a la John McEnroe!

• Posted

Yes. I am still experiencing it at times on 5mgs though nothing like it had been.
    • Posted

Thank you silver I hope eventually to get down as low as possible with the pred then I hope the sweating will reduce dramatically the lower I get on pred

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.