Sweating after Cymbalta!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

I'm 21 and was diagnosed with depression 5 months ago. Since 3 month i am on 60mg Cymbalta. Since this time i start sweating profusely on my face, back, under my armpits on my chest and neck. Slighest exercices like ironing, washing the dishes, walking, cleaning room make me sweat bucket. I must change my clothe 4-5 times during the day. I feel better after Cymbalta but this sweating is very embarassing. Does any one else on this forum suffer from profuse sweating after antidepresants?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ive just started taking amatryptaline. The only side effect I get is nightmares.

Maybe your meds need changing?

• Posted

when I started taking a lot of my medicine I had the same problem with sweating... after 6 months a friend of mine told me to drink a gallon of water a day. The water made me feel much better hang clean. A lot of the toxins in my body.. don't be afraid to tell your doctor about sweating.. Elvis wedding listed as a side effect? Hope you feel better and I hope drinking alot of water helps like a good with myself.
  • Posted

Hi i Forgot say about it that i visited my doctor two week ago and stopped taking Cymbalta and start taking amitrypltyline. But this drug didn't help after week of taking amitrypltyline i felt more depressed but sweat again (maybe not do bad likee after Cymbalta but i also had sweat stains on my shirt. So week ago doctor prescribed me Cymbalta again for one month after Month i must decide staying on Cymbalta or taking a new drug. Since last week (when i started taking Cymbalta again) my sweating increase again and my clothes are soaking wet again. Really sorry for my english language i don't use it in my everyday life so it,s not so good.
    • Posted

Hi emilly06506

This is what cymbalta did to me,

Made me sweat a lot......also made me feel more depressed and more anxiety.....I stopped this medication and went back onto my cipramil tablets. I would consider taking something else other then the 2 you said you were taking.

• Posted

I've had a lot of problems with sweating myself because my condition of torticollis, my head rest on my shoulder. So my muscle stays sticky because I have so many toxins coming from the muscles it seems that shirt too.. I drink a lot of water and the stains went away. I'm disabled so I use a speaking program that does not work well at times. I wish you well.
  • Posted

I tried 3 differenty antidepressants before I found one that I didn't give me severe side effects, you may just not have found the one that's best for you. I also found that starting on a very low dose and increasing it steadily helped greatly as it gave my body a chance to get used to it before I took the full amount. My GP said the one I'm on, Citalopram (Celexa) has lower cases of side effect than some but it still very effective. I'd speak to your GP x
  • Posted

HI I am on same meds was on 30 mg but was feeling very low lately so gp put me on 60 mg dose. I am 53 and yes have the same problem with sweating but since she raised the dose from 30 mg to 60 I am tired all the time.  my legs feel like jelly and I have no strenght or energy I don't work and feel I would not be able to since I started CYMBALTA I have a constant loud buzzing in my ears I am thinking of going back to the doctor to see if she can put me on different med 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.