sweating and legs giving way

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well after chatting on here last night to some lovely people i woke this morning to another flare up abdominal pain and nausea however what was different this time is all of sudden i started sweating really badly then i went light headed all of a sudden my legs give way turned 2 jelly and hit the floor in all the flare ups i have had never experience this before it scared me anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are dehydrated. You need some Gatorade or orange juice. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids. Now, my aunt kinda did like this and she had to have a stent placed in her abdomen. Almost like a stroke had happened. I am not trying to scare you and I have no idea what is wrong. I am just saying we never know. Hope you get to feeling better. STAY HYDRATED!
    • Posted

Thanks 4 your reply i am trying to drink plenty of fluid because when i have a bad flare up i dont eat for days sometimes i dont eat anything for a week so i try to keep fluid in me and even bought some hydration sachets. Just feel going to the doctors is pointless as they just fob me off but this sweating and my legs giving way has scared me a little
  • Posted

Yes before gb removed on a bad flare up I would have pain sickness and fainting episodes plus sudden overwhelming sweating. After gb removed 7 months ago still get occasional hot sweats for no reason (something I never experienced with menopause) not a problem really though just a bit odd.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply i had my gall bladder out last year end of april i have flare ups every 3-4 weeks but this is the 1st time this has happened where i was sweating really bad and my legs gave way on me it has got me worried
  • Posted

Hi yes 

I always got colic attacks once a year generally vomiting that wouldn't stop for 8 hours plus pain like my ribs were broken and intestines on fire ...horrific..I didn't realise it was gallstones..

then I had a sudden pain absolute agony right across my stomach under my ribs it was almost like a heart attack but not down my arms I fell to the floor sweated faint spells due to the pain felt sick but didn't vomit lasted about 45mins then just disappeared ...

it was this attack that sent me running to the GP again who once again said ulcers and put me on omeprazole which did stop attacks it was a year later with a constant gnawing pain like a mouse nibbling my lower if right rib that I saw a new GP who said gallstones!! Sent me for scan (at last) and was told I had 15 odd giant old stones ..

i think my attack like yours was caused by my gallbladder contracting suddenly squeezing , coffee the caffeine causes contractions and dark chocolate  ... When it contracts the stones all get sqeezed and if your gallbladder is inflamed pain levels rise and you feel faint and sweat at all your blood leaves your head and rushes to your gallbladder...

i cut out caffeine chocolate etc kept on omeprazole until my operation ..and be fantastic ever since just over a year now ... Hope that helps 

• Posted

Thank u very much for all your infomation it is very helpful. The puzzling thing to me is that i haf my gall bladder removed end of april 2014 and every 3-4 weeks a have a flare up of nausea vomiting and chronic abdominal but on this occasion i had the pain then started sweating really badly then light headed then my legs turned to jelly i fell to the floor i was awake but felt strange this has never happened before when i have had a flare up and its scared me ive got to the point where i am feeling like what is the point in going to the doctors as they just fob me off 😕
    • Posted

Have you looked up fatty liver symptoms apparently we are prone to this after removal of gallbladder .....
  • Posted

Yes! I suffered these symptoms all of last year off and on! Finally I was referred to a gastroenterologist who performed an ERCP and placed a stent in my biliary system because it was narrowed and not draining like it should. I was in the hospital so dehydrated they had trouble drawing blood for testing.  A year ago I had my GB removed. They were looking for residual stones, but didn't find any, just sludge. In the last five months, I've had only 3 episodes of colic. And I can trace these back to the fact I didn't watch what I was eating. You have to stay low fat and no fried foods or alcohol. They will make me sick every time. I don't know if you need your GB removed or not, but it does sound like a biliary issue at least. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.