Sweating and Nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.

PMR/Diabetes/CHD

I have recently been experiencing extreme sweating and nausea. Does anyone recognise these symptoms as belonging to any of the above diseases?

A couple of months ago I had a virus. One subsequent visit to the GP told me that this was post viral. Maybe it is, and I should be a patient, patient?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula-Ann, sweating and nausea are always a clear sign that your body is experiencing something traumatic. It could be easily caused by any of the conditions you list in your post. As a diabetic myself I experience sweating, dizzy spells and nausea whenever my sugar levels are too low (hypoglycemia) or too high (hyperglucemia). Are your sugar levels under control? Have you changed any medication, like insulin for example (even a change in brand can throw your sugar metabolism off balance)?
  • Posted

Thanks Claudia. My blood sugars are a good average for me at around 4.5 and steady. I'm T2 managing with diet and Metformin. Our post prompted me to test when I experienced sweating tonight though. 4.7 so not much change.

Having listened to various experiences and advice here today, I realise that it's definitely something I need to see my GP about. I really appreciate your input. Thank you very much.

• Posted

Hi Paula-Ann, if you're not experiencing any other symptoms, I would allow your body to regulate itself (post vural). But if you begin to have other symptoms like numbness in your neck or arms, pain in you stomach or lower back with or without chest pains,feeling tired most of the time, take yourself to the doctors. Not only could it be any of the above it could also be myocarditis. You can get that from having a viral infection that attacks the heart about 4-6 weeks later. Since you've not mentioned any of that it's probably your body fighting back. Keep us posted. Take care. All the best.
  • Posted

Thank you Frizzychris. I posted this question in three forums, as I have PMR Diabetes and Coronary Heart a Disease. I wondered if others had experienced it and if it was a symptom, as I haven't experienced it before. My heart's been great since 2006 though, so hopefully not. However a talk with the Doctor will be good. I am so much more informed after just one day on this site and responses from people like yourself. Thanks again smile
  • Posted

Hugs to you Paula-Ann! Don't forget keep us posted. I'm sure it's just your body recovering from the viral infection. I look forward to hearing from you. All the best.

Christine

• Posted

I have been suffering from sweating after walking short distances since late October. After about half a mile I can feel it starting and by a mile I am seating profusely. When I get home I have to wait about half an hour to cool down enough to have a wash and change my shirt. Even on the coldest and foggiest days of the year I have experienced it. Mentioned to my GP several times and his only suggestion was that my BP med Losartan could be the cause. AS I've been on that since 2000 I feel that it is not the culprit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.