Sweating and thyroxine.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since being diagnosed subclinical hypothyroid I have been sweating starting with 25mgs now on 100. Feeling no different if fact worse now I have a problem with sleeping and so tired. Any advice appreciated.Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Presumably you are having your bloodwork tests. The key measurement is called TSH, as you probably know. I’d advise getting it from your doctor, she has to give it on request, and posting it here as others do. That will enable more informed feedback.

I also continue to feel tired despite a high dose and have learned to live with it.

• Posted

Read the insert that comes with your meds and decide which symptoms are the hypothyroid and which are side effects from the medication. Many people find the medication to be worse than the disease.

You didn’t mention your blood test results or hypothyroid symptoms. How exactly does your subclinical hypothyroid disease affect you?

If you have subclinical hypothyroid, depending on your severity of symptoms,  you probably want to think twice about thyroid meds, and try diet changes and supplements before trying the meds. 

• Posted

Catherine, how do you know that many people find the medication worse than the disease? From all I read and hear that is a dubious claim. As far as I can tell, the majority do fine, so I think you should reconsider saying that, sorry!
    • Posted

Hi Dave, read the insert with your medication. It lists many side effects. They are real.

Also see the post here in the levothyroxin group (I think), titled “unacceptable side effects of levothyroxin.” This single post has more than a thousand responses.

If that isn’t enough...

I have many friends with thyroid disease. None of the people I know with hypothyroid symptoms take levothyroxin. They all say it doesn’t work. 

I do have two friends diagnosed solely on spiked TSH, both have no  symptoms, no other health problems and are extremely healthy, both taking only 25mcg levothyroxin. They say they can’t tell if it works because they never felt sick.  I do know that one of these women was diagnosed by a doctor who uses different TSH ranges than the labs. So she would have been subclinical anyway. The fact that she has had no symptoms makes me question whether she should have been given thyroid meds to begin with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.