Sweating at night - is this another anxiety symptom?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anxiety cause you to sweat at night?? I've had this for a few months now and just want to check that this is another annoying anxiety symptom.

I also have hot flushes mainly in the morning/bed time.

Had blood tests etc done a few months ago and they were normals.

Thanks xx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have them same as you had blood test all clear so presume yes anxiety GP is not concerned,have them in the day as well then cold.Are you in the menopause I have past it but Iknew a lady who was n her eighties and had them and her theory was you never get rid,of them, nice being a female is it not,but believe if their was infection blood test wouldhave shown it.

Take care.

• Posted

I too get them, on my back. I have no idea what causes them. I have a hunch they are worse when I eat more sugar or salt. Some nights are really bad and I end up changing in the middle of the night to stay dry. A few weeks ago I started to put a small hand towel on my back, next to my skin, so even when I have the night sweats, my cloths stay dry. My Dad also had this for years and never figured out what caused them. Do for myself and my Dad, I don't think menopause is the problem, especially since I had a surgically induced early menopause, some 30 yrs ago and am only now getting night sweats. My Dad is diabetic and I'm borderline diabetic, so eating sugar in the evening is suspect right now, but I don't have any proof, just a theory. I don't think the night sweats have anything to do with anxiety, for most people. So far the only people I've heard of who have night sweats are older. I've not heard of anyone in their 20s or 30's having night sweats. 
  • Posted

Indeed, I don't always get it but if my anx is very high I get very bad night sweats, they sheets are often soaked through 
    • Posted

Hi,

how you doing,been a lovely day here although the sun has gone in now .

cannot say my sweats make the sheets wet it just runs off me I keep a wet flannel attheside of the bed and wipe my face and a glass of water.

• Posted

Thank you do the replies. If it's not anxiety for me then I'm not sure what it is. I'm really scared. Maybe it's something to do with having a baby 16 weeks ago and my hormones are still all over the place. I've also been lightheaded past few days. Hate anxiety. 

Im only 25 so not sure it would be menopause just yet. 

Thanks xx

• Posted

Hi,

no doubt it's not the menopause at that age but could be hormones since having baby . 

• Posted

I get these sweats at night not all the time they come randomly did you ever find out what was causing them I no these post was ages 😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.