sweating excessivly from my head ????

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had my metformin reduced from 4 a day to 2 a day due to extreme diarhear i have now begun to have extrem sweating so bad that my hair is dripping wet , i answered the door to my friend and she thought i had just got out of the shower !! my hair is extremly dry and coarse and i have had to have it cut short dur to breakage, i have got constant water infections which i have had anti biotics for but have now found they have cured them selves when i drink extra water ?? My blood pressure has suddenly gone from (*bottom figure) 85 to 105 so i have now been put on medicatiion !! i am really down and would appreciate any input  and advice ..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi jean

do you take vit b12    it says on the leaflets that you get in your tablets that some people could suffer from vit b12 defficiency whilst taking metformin. they cost pennies and would be worth trying  I dont know if they would help but you never know

• Posted

i will definately try some  B 12 thank you anything to make me feel better as i feel terrible at the moment.
  • Posted

hi jean

they do a spray vit b12  at a high street health shop and on their online shop.  it tastes nice and just spray it under your tongue a few times daily

• Posted

Any drugs that we take have some side effects, perhaps your body is ridding itself of the toxins that have built up by your taking more metforminin than was needed.  The body gets rid of toxins in sweat, diarrhoea or by vomitting if the levels are too high for your system.  Maybe you need to take more charge of what and how much you are eating than relying on medication?  It may give you more peace of mind that you are being proactive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.