Sweating & Hot Hot Hot!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have ME, my fatigue is soul destroying and has stolen my life, I know I’m not alone with this. One symptom I have that drives me to distraction is HEAT - does anyone else get extremely hot when they try to do the slightest thing (ie  cooking dinner or having a shower leaves me sweating and so hot I need ice packs to cool down) I know temperature regulation is an issue but my temperature often rises to around 38 degrees and I’m flushed, sweating, irritable and feel dreadful. It’s gone on for years but seems to be worse than ever. I wonder does anyone else have the same with an actual increase in temperature rather than just feeling too warm? I’d appreciate any input, I often wonder if this is “normal” within the realms of this illness or is something else going on... I’m sick of being so hot and the incessant sweating 😓 

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi , Two things i can think of  Get your hormones checked you could be in peri menopause , dosent matter how old you are , and spiritually you may also be in Kundalini Awakening! which brings the heat in many ways, for me its energy , i get excess energy when i move , so that it nearly makes me feel like ill explode , but some get heat , if your open to investigating this side of chronic fatigue you may be surprised at what you find. Much Love <3 Guava

• Posted

Hi Sadly. So sorry you are suffering so much with ME/CFS. This disease has taken so much from me, as well so I completely understand what you are going through. While I have trouble tolerating both extreme heat and cold,  I'm not familiar with the excessive sweating you are describing. I have always suffered from hyperhydrosis (a condition where I sweat excessively from my palms and feet) but I don't think this condition is related to ME/CFS at all. Ther are treatments to help control the sweating.

Could the excessive sweating and heat you are describing be related to hormonal changes, perhaps? Hope someone else has some suggestions or feedback to offer.  KPD

• Posted

Hi Sadly,

Yes I get this but used to get it worse when I drank alcohol more often. I would have to go lay back down constantly because I'd have my symptoms heightened and the hot and sweating was one of them but everything would be worse too.

Two nights ago, i was really hot when cooking but I get this when not cooking too. I put it down to overdoing it. Also if I'm out walking and my legs "lock" I get really hot and sweat with the pain, sitting down and waiting helps this. I sometimes wake up red hot in the middle of the night. One of my symptoms has been, since the beginning of my cfs/me, intermittent hot cheek and ear. They go bright red. I also get the exceptionally cold symptoms too, especially one freezing cold foot! Weird symptoms we get for sure!

How is your fluid intake and where do you live? Is it in a hot climate? This year summer has been really hot! Just wondering about dehydration as that won't help I imagine.

What I would suggest is taking breaks when cooking or sit down while doing it-you can get folding high stools. If you have a partner/family member living with you, ask for help preparing and cooking. My bigger problem with cooking is chopping things and lifting things. I also drop things and wasted part of a meal a week or so ago when my hands gave up whilst lifting an oven tray so now I ask my son/daughter to get things out of the oven. It's like my wrists give up on me.

Asking for help is key. I can't ask for help walking but, I have a wheel chair on standby if I "need" to go out otherwise, I stay in when I'm not well enough to walk much.

Hope some of that helps

Beverley

• Posted

I hear ya...I cannot stand heat. I'm on hormone replacement patch and it helps alot. I have hot flashes every 10 minutes without it. 28 years of hot flashes. I can't take any heat at all. I had to spend some time in Florida and that was torture. Everyone comments that you can cure beef in my living room. I keep it pretty chill. Then I have days I can't get warm. Whatever I just roll with everything.

• Posted

Love it Lisa , just roll with everything , surrender helps <3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.