Sweating on Venifaxine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I was on 375mg of Venifaxine. I noticed I was constantly sweating so my doctor decreased my meds to 300mg. I'm still having noticeable sweats  so my doctor wants to put me on 225mg. I'm just worried will there be any side effects on coming down that much on Venifaxine? Thanks for your help.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Jen

It depends on how long you have been taking the drug, and how long ago the medication was reduced for.

Generally you should be ok, your GP would have taken account any withdrawal you may suffer from. Just follow your Doctors instructions and if you feel rough give it a few days and see how it goes.

BOB

• Posted

Thanks a lot for the advise Bob. I've been on it over a year with severe depression which saw me hospitalised.  I feel good at the moment so am just worried  of side effects of coming down from the drug. Thanks again for your reply. Jen.

• Posted

Jen

Keep a hold and do not worry. We are here to help if needed

BOB

• Posted

Hi Jen. I have been taking 300 mg venlafaxine with 15 mg mirtazapine since July, 2015. I do sometimes sweat quite a bit, but it's worth it because I'm happy again and sleeping well. If lowering your dosage is helping with the sweating issue and you are still feeling fine, then I wouldn't be concerned. If you start to feel your depression coming back or are suffering from other side effects, then I would go to your doctor right away and tell him what you are experiencing. Take care.

• Posted

Thanks for your advise  Phyllis. Hope your doing well. Thanks Jen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.