Sweats

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have fabromyalgia amongst other things, does any of your good selves get really warm even when it's cold and your family say it's cold. I have bad insomnia and can't get to sleep even when really tired, ring a bell with anyone.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi trisha87499 since having fibro my body thermostate has broken, I am boiling when my husband says its cold. when hes hot Im cold. Monday night I was boiling hot one miniute with the quilt off me, next miniute I went freezing cold. Thats how it went all through the night. Toiday  Im boiling hot sweating like anything.As for sleep i can go months with no sleep, then sllep well for a week, then weeks with no sleep. Its all part of having fibro Im afraid 
  • Posted

Hi trisha, mine started with hot flushes like i was going through the change, but my hormone levels where normal, the hot flushes have stopped now but i get excessive sweating a lot. even just from light house work, i'll be sweating like iv'e done a gym work out... then within an hour i could be sitting with a hot water bottle cos i'm freezing.. unfortunately broken body thermostats are common with fibro.

sad 

you're not alone.

gill

x

• Posted

It's 3.56am and no sleep here yet.. tsk tsk...  I go for weeks with insomnia then go days with longer sleeps but not refreshing sleeps and have to have one or two sleep through the day also..  Or on occasions I just flak out within 5 mins and crash for 3  or more hours...regardless of where I am.  

A broken thermostate with Fibro is really common to.  I have really struggled with this since my MVA..  it can also be very painful...

• Posted

Yes yes yes.

It's awful sweating away in winter or summer. It's embarrassing as it runs down my face. It stops me wearing what I want. Yes insomnia too even when completely tired but that could be CFS too.

Saw a brill dr who helped me deal with insomnia. It changed my life.

If u want message me back and I'll go into more details. X

• Posted

Yes please, anything I shall try, I'm desperate.    Thank you
  • Posted

Hi Trisha

Yes, I have been feeling constantly hot all the time even during the winter months.  I was like a radiator on 24/7.  My kids loved it as when they felt cold they used to borrow my hands to warm up.  I was checked if I was going through my menopause, but was told not at the moment.  I have been wearing a magnet which helps the heat issues during menopause and I can honestly say it has reduced my body it.  This product you can purchase from Boots and is called Ladycare Magnet.  It seems to be working for me and I have been wearing it daily since July 2015.  It can take upto three months to norice any difference.  Sleep is still an issue but I am getting there slowing with the help of my herbal remedies.

Take care wink xx

• Posted

Well thank you, I'll certainly try anything. My life at the moment is all about fabromyalgia and I need my mind distracted, I also take a lot of chest infections, but doctor says not related, however nothing wrong with it until the fabromyalgia xxxxx
  • Posted

I am so sorry you and the folk who have replied are going throiugh this, but I am equally so over joyed to know I am not alone!  Ihave had these awful episodes of sweating head and being boiling when everyone else is cold, then feeling cold when everyone is warm!  Initially put it down to hormones though now through the menopause and relatively stable (husband may disagree! Joke!) can never place what sparks these episodes- as I can be resting or active, stressed or reallychilled, it is literally like my thermostat has broken!  It can be so embarrasing as I have fine thinnish hair and can look like just got out the shower, and so disheartening when I am out with husband or family or friends and done my best to look my best then have sweat running down my faceand flat wet hair within seconds!  Any suggestions how folk cope greatly appreciated! I also go through times of sleeplessness, but have learned to live with this now, I get up, make a drink and read or watch some pre recorded tv, or even iron or do a few quiet chores! 
    • Posted

i don't make any plans or efforts to go out as I know I'm just going home again, my friends can be a bit distant because they cannot sympathise unless you've got it.
  • Posted

Do you not feel as if that's all you talk and think about? It's so overwhelming that it fills up your thoughts, health and you worry about symptoms such, new symptoms. I also feel my doctor and consultant don't take it very seriously or helpfully because I don't think they know enough about it. I have had a few choice words with a few doctors and consultants after maybe another non productive day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.