Sweats or hot flushes

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Venlafaxine 225mg for a few months now. I am also post menopausal. My issue is that I am having mad sweating moments which feel like I am suddenly overheating and mainly my scalp and face start sweating, This is happening several times a day and is driving me crazy. Is it likely that Venlafaxine could be the cause? Just wondering if there are any men or woman that aren't menopausal that have these symptoms? Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Talla,

Yes I suffered badly from this also. I used to wear a bath towel around my neck 24/7. Mine also was generally the face and scalp and my hair was constantly wet. 

I’ve lowered my dose significantly which has stopped the sweating but the depression reared it’s ugly head. I was lucky in that I worked in aged care so all the oldies just put it down to hot flushes. It’s different though as this is just a melt down. I never got hot. I dealt with it using towels or hand towels. 

• Posted

Thanks linda73099

It's so horrible isn't it? I do feel hot though - pretty much permanently - I hate it. I wanted to reduce my dose anyway, so if it is the Venlafaxine, then hopefully it will help.

• Posted

Hello, I also have this problem! It’s crossed my mind if I could be premenopausal. I’m 38 but definitely have a lot of the symptoms of menopause. I do know sweating is also a side affect from venlafaxine I think it’s a common side affect, these flashes and sweats I get several times a day, and when they start I get quite embarrassed and I think this just causes more sweating!!! X
    • Posted

What dose are you on Claire? I have only really noticed it since increasing my dose to 225mg. It is embarrassing and I think stress makes it worse. I feel as though everyone is looking at me - it's horrible.

At home, I am literally moving the fan around to whichever room i am in!

• Posted

Well the doctor had me on too high a dose, it was the pharmacist that noticed and told me to speak with my doctor, she put me on 3x tablets in morning 75mg immediate release! I spoke with doctor and they told me to go down to 2x

in the morn, then one early evening that was only last week, still feeling hot and sweaty all the time x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.