sweaty head

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello!! I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid last july and have been feeling ok, but lately im tired, dry hair and skin but the one i am particularly worried about is perfuse sweating on my head!!! Its so embarrassing, my hair gets soaking and i drip!!! anyone else have that problem?????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi i to sweat on my head i have to wash my hair every other day and on my body but my skin will be cold to tuch, i also suffer with itchy dry skin, tired and no enorgy to do enything
  • Posted

Yep i also get the sweaty head but the weird thing for me is that even though ive been on medicine 200m for 3 years i still retain water in my bottom half of my legs and still get tierd after i eat ......

anyone know why?????

• Posted

Hello every one that has placed a advert about under active thyroid,i was told 2yrs ago thats what i had,i was 8st and when they found out i was 12st,its a horrible thing to have as you get deperresed lazy sleep most of the time,and my hair was thick and now its fallen out and thin,sweating from my head to my neck ,my hair soaking,now i am 125mg of thyroixin

But i have been told there is a new tablet,in 1 case this man lost 2st in 3months its called aroumer thyroid,and doctors can give to you on nhs

there is a great website tell you every thing about it and its called

thyroidpatientadvocacy-uk buildingthyriod awareness

I hope this helps some one

take cae

janie

• Posted

i too have a sweaty head, i wash my hair every day. I have recently been diagnosed with under active thyroid and realised after subsequent research that I have had symptoms for years. Wondering now if sweating on head is yet another.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.