Sweedish total ankle replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! New to the group. Getting a STAR this Sept.2016 on left ankle. Had surgery on left to correct tendons, ligaments, fallen arch & bunion in June 2016. Still in air cast, non weight bearing, numbness, tingles. MY QUESTION: has anyone gone through a surgery on same foot before their star, & how was your outcome? Thanks, nervous about doing this. From Weezer in MD

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Sorry to see you are still nwb after surgery in June, it's a long time I know, I was nwb for nine weeks after I broke my ankle, and it seemed forever. Sorry I can't answer your question. But I am sure the that surgeon knows best. If you are not sure get a second opinion. Good luck and God bless.

• Posted

Thanks Daphne for the words of encouragement. I'm sure after my star, things will look up. Looking forward to pt & positive results. I do get around with my knee walker, but nothing like your own foot on the ground!

• Posted

Pt very important, so is exercises at home. Massage is also important. When you start pt ask the physiotherapists to show you the correct way to massage the scar tissue. Sure feels great when you can get around on your own two feet.
    • Posted

Thanks Daphne for the interesting advice about massaging the scar. I put merderma on the scars now & lightly rub. I will keep that info when or comes down the road. Continues improvement with your ankle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.