Sweeping

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, my grandma has rheumatoid arthritis and she has some problems to sweep and mop the floor. Does anybody knows a way to make it easier? I`m really worried about her.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely!

A Shark steam mop,the small one, and get the disposable pad!!

It is so simple!

Kind regards to both you and grandma,

Judith

• Posted

Hi

You don't say how old your grandma is or if you're from the UK

If you live in the UK then you could contact your local adult services and get your gran some practice help with difficult tasks.

• Posted

You can also contact a Home Health Agency or your local Social Services

if you live in the states.They can set up a worker for your grandma to do

her house cleaning,paying bills and grocery shopping

• Posted

I heard recentoy of a website I think called "chickenshop" but cant quite remember, they do all sort of applicances and adaptations for handles etc.  There is a shop in Edinburgh also called Whistling Tortoise (crazy old name I know) who do all manner of helpful aids.  NRAS can put you in touch with the chickenshop website or whatever it is called.  THey were most helpful to me, I was looking for a cooler to travel with biologics on aircraft.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.