Swelling 7 months after TKR

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a tkr this past June. All was well until a couple weeks ago. There is some swelling going on and some numbness going down to my foot. I only notice the foolate in the day and evening. I'm wondering if this in normal or should I see my Dr before my scheduled June appointment? Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Yes I would at the very least speak to your doctor, if for no other reason than to reassure you. Don't waste time get onto the doc.

All the best

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Same with me.  I had surgery in July.

i always worry about it, but then told it's still healing, to b paitent could take 12 months 😥😥 Had fuller TKR and they also straightened my leg so I'm hopping gets better.

• Posted

When I had TKR nearly 5 years ago they said it would be about a year before I really.

By all means see your Dr before your appoinment in June if that makes you feel better about it but I certainly would not worry about it. Hope it settles down.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks, I'm going to give my Dr a call.

• Posted

I talked with my Dr's office today, he wants to see me for the knee swelling. It, the swelling, my be related to my PMR. I see my rheumatologist at the end of the month. Tingling on my knee in normal but down to my foot isn't. He thinks I should see a neurologist. Maybe something pinched.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.