Swelling after surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi......had my cyst, ovaries and tubes removed 2 weeks ago......large scar on bikini line......I a doing as little as possible, but am getting about.......not sure if it's my imagination but if I do go for a walk or do anything I feel like my stomach swells up.......anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi mandy

my stomach was swollen for weeks

youve had a lot done and things re shuffle inside, just take it easy it will get better in time

xx

• Posted

My Dr said recovery would take one or two weeks. Has he not told me the truth?
  • Posted

I think it depends what you have had done, how they have done it, whether any scar tissue from previous ops etc

im almost 14 weeks and have had slow recovery, but my scar vertical (previous horizontal for hysterectomy some years back).  Had scar tissue from that op on my bladder and bowels which had to be dealt with before they could get to ovaries and they also took my omentum. Others have straight forward, don't need vertical cut and have no scarring . So everyone diff, some ladies on here are fine after few weeks. 

Xx

• Posted

Both ovaries and both fallopian tubes  will be removed, along with cysts which told are in ovaries.
  • Posted

Laparoscopy I believe is a much quicker recovery as keyhole instead of a big cut so I do think recovery is a couple of weeks, you will still have to take it easy I should imagine. I'm sure if you look on this site there will be loads of ladies with good advice for surgery done this way x
    • Posted

Have posted this as a new topic, and as surgery Monday hope get some quick replies - Pain and recovery after laproscopy removal of both ovaries and fallopian tubes
    • Posted

hi how did it go the op?i had both mine and tumor removed last year ,pain again am go see surgeon 22nd sept,urgent appointment as in loads pain again,will let you all know ,i had bikini cut to,if you get any pains go back to doc gp,and wish you luck tc ,mags biggrin))))))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.