Swelling and itching on feet, allergic or???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, 

I've not been able to sleep tonight because my feet have been so itchy, especially my left foot, its swollen up and gone bright red (I haven't been scratching it) and my toes have all swollen up near the base too. 

Last year I had an allergic reaction to fluoxetine and found out I had systematic dermographism that was treated with steroids. When I had the reaction however, the itching was so distressing I ended up having a very long panic attack and scratching my skin until I bled, then passed out from exhaustion in A&E (I had to wait 4 hours, 3 hours of which I was having my massive panic attack and being ignored by the nurses).

I've taken some antihistamines just in case and done a SD test (no marks after I scratched hard yet, so thats good) but I'm trying my best not to have another panic attack because of this itching. Anyone know what it could be? 

I'm currently on vit. D tablets, the pill, and oxytetracycline. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

heres a photo, left foot is still red, i've put some moisturiser on it to hopefully calm it down. it is noticably warmer and redder than my right foot rolleyes
  • Posted

Have you spoken to a doctor and why are you on the Oxytet?

You need to make contact with your GP again

• Posted

it passed after about an hour. I just panicked and posted on here because I rEALLY dont wanna go back into hospital aha. I'm on oxytet for acne probs. never had an issue with it, been on it on and off for about 5 years now. 
    • Posted

I'm glad you're ok.  It might be worth mentioning it to your doctor.  Sometimes your body can tell you that it has had enough.......of drugs, or whatever........and you may have to change whatever it is.

Good luck!

• Posted

Yeah I have an appointment booked but my usual doctors is closed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.