Swelling below brow and eye crease, is this blepharitis?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone, I'd like to begin by explaining my blepharitis symptoms and other symptoms which don't seem to fit the box. My symptoms began 3 weeks ago and has been fluctuating since. At the start both eyelids up to brow were red and swollen, both upper and lower lids (picture attached). They were red but not painful. I did not have crusting around my lashes, however I had itchiness on lashes and a strip of dry skin around my eye margin which suggests blocked oil glands and typical of blepharitis. My GP said it looked like blepharitis according to the symptoms I described- this was online consultation based on pictures. I've been doing eye masks twice a day, using wet ones and blephagel which has helped. However, the confusing thing is once my initial swelling 3 weeks ago calmed down, every morning my brow area and eye crease, especially my right eye (left on the picture) is swollen and droops down. It is not red, no swelling on eye margin at all, I do get itchy lashes though. With my current eyelid routine, especially doing eye mask twice a day it calms down eventually. But I just need to know what is causing this?? Is this blepharitis or something else because Blepharitis is meant to be swelling of eyelid margin? Has anyone else experienced this? Please help. Thank you in advance.image

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.