swelling below ribs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I hope everyone is keeping well.

For the past year my Father has had a few health issues..first throat cancer very small amount got removed successfully then leg issue got artery unblocked but for about the past year and a bit he has a swollen area that was under the rib on the right now i would say it's left and right but still above the belly button area.. he has asked and was told everything was ok he got put on omeprazole while in hospital getting the artery unblocked as he was sick..they haven't mentioned stomach ulcers to him as i know the tablets can treat that also he has had a few scans for the leg and he had mentioned the stomach so i would be thinking they would have looked if they said its ok.

He doesn't ask enough questions and i couldn't attend hospital due to covid19.

anyway i just don't feel convinced it's swollen for nothing.

He was a smoker but gave up about feb 20 he drinks a few cans every night had copd

should we be pushing for further tests? he does change in size and he feels very full after eating.

i have noticed the constant yawning.

any help is appreciated

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.