Swelling/Bulge over Fibroids/Cyst removal incision

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I had  large fibroids/medium cysts removed 5 days ago.  I'm recovering well, I’d like to assume. However,  I have some painful/sensitive swelling above one of the incision.  I can't find anywhere online if it's normal or not so I was wondering if anybody here would know. I have a horizontal incision (about 9cm externally, but explained by Dr it’s even larger incision made internally. The incision is above my  bikini line and immediately over where the incision is I have the swelling. The swelling is worse when I stand up and very noticeable. There's not horrible pain, but sensitive and more painful than the other incisions. So I'm wondering if this is a normal thing that happens from inflammation? Any thoughts are very welcome.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I wish i could help u but i only have 3 small incesion cause i had my ovary and tube taking out about a week ago and my incesions was swollen to but they aren't now sorry i wished i could help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.