Swelling in foot, broken tibia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I broke my tibia and fibula 3 months ago. The fibula has healed but the tibia is showing no signs of mending. I was in 2 different hard casts for the first 10 weeks. the hard cast is off and I am supposed to be in a air cast now, to try to get the swelling down, but discovered I had a pressure ulcer on my heel from the hard cast. so I'm pretty much just laying on the couch for 2 weeks but I'm still having swelling in my foot no matter how much elevating and icing. I'm reading that swelling is pretty normal for a broken leg, but I'm wondering if any of you are dealing with this: the swelling on the top of my foot, near my toes is about 5+ inches away from where the break is. and my toes are ice cold. anyone else having swelling in a different area from where the break is?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi - poor you and what an ordeal you must have been through. I am only day 5 of breaking my fibula so swelling and constant elevation - any tips appreciated, i am in a boot and been advised a stable fracture so can WB as tolerated but im quite nervous. clinic not for 9 days yet. I walked, well hobbled, off a steep ridge for 3 hours so A&E said that was a good sign! hope youre feeling better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.