Swelling Knees

Posted , 3 users are following.

My both knees got swelling after playing basketball (hard play) and i'm suffering for this since last year, my uric acid is normal and the most intense or severe pain is the part everytime i'm using stairs. I just visit a Orthophedic Doctor last night and he just gave me some ointment and pain reliever at the moment eventhough he found little problem on my both knees. my knees used to have a cracking sound everytime I stretch both knees. Could someone give me a good advise what's the best thing to do

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zig

Im sorry to hear you're having this problem. I can't give any advice from experience as its a long time ago that I was able to play sport!

However, in general I would say use the painkillers as directed, get into a routine with them to try to avoid 'breakthrough' pain, and see if that helps.

if not, obviously go back to the doctor. They do try to start with the least invasive treatment and only move on to things like surgery if painkillers etc are not providing enough relief. So you should give this phase a chance, i think.

Another idea might be to try physiotherapist, if you haven't already. Ask for a referral from your GP, and if you can't get one, even one session privately (costs about £40), should help you to establish the cause of the problem.

All the best to you smile

• Posted

Find another doctor. There has to be something wrong.
    • Posted

Tnx for your reply, i will, just need to sort this thing out with my first Doctor and i will look maybe for the second opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.