Swelling of both calf’s and ankles swelling

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi ladies!! I was wondering if anyone else had mild to moderate swelling on and off in there calves and ankles?? its causing me a lot of anxiety!!

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I woke up to both my hands swollen the other night. Don't worry it's a symptom of peri and menopause.

• Posted

thank you so much for replying!! i am almost 53 and been so anxious over this!! sorry you had that happen!! I am so thankful for the reassurance

• Posted

I did in my ankles and feet. I was severely anemic and had 2 units of blood. went away then so I think mine was caused from anemia

• Posted

oh my goodness!! How did you find out you had anemia? Did you have other symptoms from the anemia?

• Posted

looking back i first had the swelling then an intense craving for ice. was constantly eating it then at times i would get lightheaded when i bent over. I was short of breath just walking in house

• Posted

i have not had any of those symptoms. Was the anemia from having heavy glow? thank you again xo I have been so anxious about it

• Posted

When I worked, I spent the majority of my day standing/moving around. I would always have swollen ankles at the end of the day, worse around my period. Since I have been out of work, no swelling.

• Posted

Sometimes my ankles swell.

Sometimes my hands swell.

Often my cheeks swell.

I hear your cries! I hate this!

• Posted

it is awful!! sorry your dealing with this too!! thank you for sharing

• Posted

Ankles most days...especially if the weather is humid out. Although when i walk for exercise it keeps it at bay. Crazy thing is since i teach 5th grade, i walk all day but they puff up as day goes on. If i take a walk after school, they go down.🤷🏾‍♀️

• Posted

Oh my God!! Brittany Along with the prolonged periods I am currently having (going on 4 weeks) I have also had swollen ankles on and off. I have just put it down to the humidity and sitting most of the day at my desk at work, I wonder if it is part of perimenopause as well. Did read somewhere that you can have fluid retention so it makes sense.

• Posted

Hi Flossymc, you are sitting and I am on the go all day along and still swollen. Must be to do with fluid retention.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.