swelling of eyes

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anyone know any good creams to reduce the swelling around and under my eyes

anything at all would be much appreciated 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Sophie,

The wet ones did work on a young girl who had swelling on her top eyelid. She is 15. She used the wipes twice as did not use them long enough the first time.

It does take a few months to kill.

Lynda79

• Posted

Manuka honey helped me a lot. ....and it's a natural antibacterial/healer... .......its very good ...just need a smear of it over the lid or both top ad bottom lids..... .......better than the stuff with chemicals in.....be very careful what you put in your eyes. ....if it's not meant for the eyes then there is a reason.....
    • Posted

Not sure have only been advised about Manuka honey I think it's because it's pure.....I also tried tea tree oil diluted in boiled cooled water.....did work a bit but not as good as Manuka honey... x also tried coconut oil... that was quite soothing. ..x
  • Posted

Sophie. Normal honey would not work, as most honeys are blended & so are boiled. So most of the natural goodness is taken away.

So would say, do not try just any old honey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.