Swelling of knee

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had tkr right one in sept 2014 and left one nov. 2014, my left knee is always swollen, below and above knee  and seems anything I do doesn't help. Been in therapy and doctor gave me new pill to try, duexis, and doesn't help. Anyone else seem to have this problem or had this problem. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Joanne

i had my right knee TKR in September 2014 and it's still swollen  and  painful it also bruises if I walk too far

it's also a totally different shape to my other knee i look as if I have odd legs

i know my other knee will need doing in the near future so I hope they will make them match biggrin

Jean 

• Posted

Hi Jean,

my knees don't look the same right now. I have no pain, only when I walk some distance my right leg gets pain in back of knee, I just have lots of swelling and mt bend is only 98 in left knee. I feel if swelling went down I could bend more. 

Joanne

• Posted

Im just over 6 weeks post op, but I have been elevating my leg.  I have lots of swelling and that is the only thing that helps.  How is your rgt knee? Is it still swelling up?
    • Posted

No sherrilynne, my right knee doesn't swell, but still have numbness on the right side of it. I elevate and ice and nothing seems to work, asking doctor what's next
  • Posted

Hello Joanne I had a left TKR on 22nd October and have suffered from swelling up until last week when I suddenly noticed that it had reduced! I still can't sleep at night due to various pain from the wretched thing, but that seems to be the same with a lot of us in the club (TKR club that is!) 😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.