Swelling of the abdomen immediately after eating or drinking!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello!

I am 30 years old woman. I have suffered of comstipation all of my life, since baby. But three years ago, I started to abuse with Cassia, for around 7-8 months. It caused the problem. But in one moment, I decided to stop Cassia at all. And did it. But 18 months after I stopped with any laxatives, I still have this problem and it is not getting better.

After every eating or drinking (only water) my abdomen swell very, very much, as if I have a football gulp in the lowest part ot my abdomen. It happens almost immediately. It occurs even if I chew a gum.

PS: I have tried all of the diets, but no one had there been any effect.

The only thing that slightly relieves is to lie or the best - lift my legs AND abdomen up, so that my body to take the opposite position (legs and back on the wall).

Is this IBS?

And one more question. Is there a medical examination (imaging) which can show if there is a ptosis of the bowel?

Sorry for my mistakes in the English.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi there,

Have you been tested for SIBO? that can cause those symptoms.

I tested positive for sibo, I was put on a sibo protocol, diet and natural remedies (because I didn't want to take the antibiotics) and my abdomen stopped swelling.

Maybe you can ask to be tested for this. It's a breath test.

Good luck!

• Edited

Thank you for the comment!

No, I haven't been tested for this. But I have tried all of the probiotics which exist, but without any effect... And I never have diarrhea, no matter what I eat.

• Posted

I see. I was told not to take probiotics until I had finished my treatment, apparently sometimes and depending on which kind of probiotics can do more harm than good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.