Swelling on the top of inner thigh.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've asked several questions on this subject but after reading something else I think I miss explaiined what I was really wanting to find out. So here goes.

i had a bartholins abcess February last year, since in the very upper thigh area I keep getting what feels like swallen glands, these are up and down a lot usually worse before a period, does anyone else get this. 

I also have a small area either where th head of the abcess was or where I had a biopsy(done in July) if I put tissue paper on it while wiping myself there is a little blood. I also woke up feeling wet in the area, so gone to the toilet and there has been more red blood,not a period, this has happened twice.

Als I can feel wet in the area and it fees like some liquid is coming out, it's not urine it from the vaginal area. 

Pis this something I've got to live with? has any one had this? Please help. Thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hello loopy ,

i had an absess on october that drained on its own and antibiotics . i have the same symptoms. i feel pain when i lay on this side on bed . and sometimes when i sit. i saw some blood and brown liquid and it was a week before my period. 

i will go to gyno in 2 weeks but usually they dont give any good answers .

i had an Mri and i have a cyst about 2 cm where the absess was and also liquid in Douglas pounch . neurologist told me there in nothing pathological and pain is psychological. 

i am afraid of endometriosis . i dont want to upset you its just a thought for me because they found this liquid and i have other symptoms too ..

i am afraid to have sex since i had pain the last time before absess and then i had an absess i dont know if it is related but i am in fear .

do you have dyspareunia problems ? hope we find some answers and get normal again ...it sucks

• Posted

I don't have dyspareunia, I can say psychologically I'm always frightened I case I do, I feel a bit sore during sex, I did read though dry sex could contribute to the problem or cause, so I always use lubrication.

I never got any info on this just got told oh it's a bartholins abcess,it's draining if it gets like this again go to a&e  so it can be drained. That was after 2 gyne doctors said they couldn't see anything one of which decided to squeeze the area very hard until I was crying with agony,then to be told well it's not an abcess as I'd be in a lot of pain.

this is why I'm a little apprehensive seeing anyone. Thank you for your response.

• Posted

hope you get better soon. i know what you mean . i have spent a lot of money on doctors and even my closest friends dont believe me. 

i would believe them that it is psychological since i am sure stress can cause pain but when i see blood ok that cant be in my mind or when i cannont sit . i am going to get some tests for thyroid and hormones i hope at least i had a doctor who takes me seriously. 

• Posted

I do think not enough is known about the illness. The last gyne doctor I saw was lovely but I have to be referred again. 

If you pay for treatment is there not a psycologiest that deals with dyspareunia. Or may be a sexual therapist  give them a call see if they can help. This is something if you don't get closure so you can have sex without the fear. 

• Posted

Hi loopy Lou,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I can say I also experienced some swelling on my upper pelvis area when there was an active abscess, but once the infection was gone, so was the swelling. Have you asked your doctor about these swellings? I'm sure if I understood the fact that it's on your upper thigh. Also, after I had my cysts removed I also had leakage, but it stopped after a few weeks. Since yours has been going on for over months, it would be a good idea to see your doctor about it. With this type of thing what I've learned is how important it is to keep up with your doctor.

If you do have an abscess more than once, then you can start thinking of having the gland removed because it's just not worth the pain (I've suffered for years and it gets worse each time). Better to have it done with minimal scar tissue than later after you've had several procedure. Find a doctor whom you feel totally comfortable with and in good hands.

Sorry I couldn't answer your questions as you might have wanted, but hopefully I was able to help a little bit.

• Posted

Thank you, I keep putting it off,going to the doctors that is, as I have several health issues to sort out and I think that the  doctor will think I'm making things up. I will go soon. Thanks again.
  • Posted

This is the 3rd time I have had a cyst.  They start off small then get bigger and bigger. I have never noticed if my upper thigh was swallon.  What i do know is,  that it is annoying and itchy.  I have never been to a doctor about it i take care of it myself.  I take serrpeptase orally.  I use witch hazel and calamine lotion mix and hot salt baths and it takes time but it works for me. I hope this helps
    • Posted

Can u tell me what it should fell like, when examining yourself, as I didn't know I had a cyst till there was an abcess? Thanks
  • Posted

Well i feel them coming along.  It starts to itch and then i check and there is alittle bump like a pimple once i feel that game on.. i just got one saturday and its gone today.. what i did was as soon as i felt it coming i started takin serrapeptase 3 times a day doubling the dose to 2 every 8 hours. I also took a cotton square with calamine lotion and alcohol free witch hazel and put it directly on the cyst and today it is gone ...which i am happy about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.