Swelling scrotum after 3 months hydrocele surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had my hydrocelesurgery done 4 mths ago and within the I visited the surgeon 2 times because my scrotum was swelling and I had it aspirated both times now I have to visit my surgeon for the time but it is not as big as the previous times. The surgeon said to me that is usual for that to happen and I have to do another surgery to seek what is happening . I want to know what is the cause for the swelling (bleeding) and what to do anybody.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I cant answer this question like i know for sure but I just had my surgery for my second recurring hydrocele and i have a small hematoma due to the surgery. it hurts and cause some swelling but from what i understand that it can cause some bleeding under certain circumstance. again their could be other reasons an have your doctor look into it but why do he have to open you up cant he do a mri with an without contrast to see whats going if possible. or if your really concerned seek a secondary opinion from another urologist for your own benefit... theirs nothing saying you cant do that explain an let them see if you have options.

• Posted

My surgery was done back and 2012 and it has returned. No real reason for it other than taking up bike riding. Wondering whether to go back to same surgeon or try another.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.