Swelling up!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I was wondering If anybody on here, are having problems with swelling? I am 14 weeks post op, ORIF surgery. I am doing better with walking with and with out a crutch, and my ROM has definitely improved, but stiffnes prevails, and the swelling is quite bad. Does anyone know when the swelling will get better? Also I noticed I'm walking more correctly in my birkenstocks, it aligns the ankle just right. Thank you 😊

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am 12 weeks out from ORIF surgery and my PT has me icing my ankle 2-3 times a day depending on how much walking I am doing. i think the swelling will go down slowly over time but its normal

• Posted

I am not quite as far along as you . Tomorrow I start physical therapy. I am about 9 weeks after surgery. I am doing good with the walking boot and in the help of a walker. Hopefully tomorrow I will learn some new things from physical therapy yes I still have swelling I can't put my foot in a yes I still have swelling I can't put my foot in a regular shoe. I'm hoping to graduate from the boot to ankle brace and be able to wear a shoe and possibly start driving again because I can't drive right now. I wish you luck and I heard other people say that the swelling can last for a while but I really don't know how long. I think it's different for everyone.

• Posted

I meant that I can't put my foot in a shoe yet. sorry I'm speaking this and sometimes it doesn't come out right..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.