Swelly Belly

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 11 weeks post Vaginal Hysterectomy I know that the dreaded 'Swelly Belly' is a natural part of healing but mine seems to be getting worse instead of better, I wouldn't say I was doing too much either, I am retired so not out to work all day but my tum seems to swell up quite a few times in the day and it's driving me nuts eek! I am also trying to lose weight after putting some on (during my bedrest whilst really anaemic and feeding my face with the wrong stuff!) recently and it's so disheartening when you are being really good (5:2 diet) then you go to put something on and you look in the mirror and you look like an African elephant almost at full term cry, any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

'Nelly the Elephant' AKA phoebe. x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm 4 weeks on Thursday having had a abdo hysterectomy........this swollen belly issue seems to be a common problem on all the comments......I haven't seen anything yet that helps this.....Iim just the same, particularly early evening.....I look pregnant and I'm aware I even holding myself like I'm pregnant!!! 

By by the way elephants are the best creatures in the world.....sensitive souls that look after their own......here's to the swells/belly club!!!!

• Posted

Thanks, and yes I too love elephants, I'm just having a fed up few days, I wear a control camisole to help hold it in a bit, I laughed when I read what you said about holding yourself as if you are pregnant, I do that as well and my eldest son is 39 and the youngest 37 LOL!! seems odd doesn't it, when you think I have had everything to do with pregnancy removed, men have things really easy don't they? lol
    • Posted

Absolutely, my eldest is 24 and youngest 22.... I was having this conversation with my husband last night...we have the periods, pregnancy possible hysterectomy and then the menapause... He did have the good sense not to say that men have to put up with the women during this time.....he keeps telling me he is going to setup a site for the hysterectomy husbands!!!!! Now that would be an interesting read!!!
    • Posted

Please, let me know when it is set up, it would indeed be a very interesting read LOL!
  • Posted

Yep me three, walking round like I'm 8 months pregnanat, holding the belly up!! LOL

I looked pregnant before the op so most of my clothes are ok but I am still going for loose fitting comfy clothes. If you discover a cure for the swelly belly let me know!!

• Posted

If I discover a cure you will be the first to know....after I have patented it and made millions.........wink
    • Posted

Ok great as long as you can send me on a lovley holiday somewhere xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.