Swelly belly after vaginal hysterectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

i am experiencing swelly belly after a vaginal hysterectomy. Also had both ovaries and fallopian tubes remove, bladder repair, cystocele and rectocele repair. anybody else experiencing swelling belly after a vaginal hysterectomy?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

thats is totally normal, i had very bad belly pain and swelling and taking stool softners helped relieved that pain. i had mine for 2 days i feel your frustration

• Posted

Thanks for responding. its so frustrating. its nice to have a forum for support.

• Posted

I had swelly belly for about a year after my vaginal hysterectomy, it was annoying, it was explained to me as being like a sprained ankle and the fluid (swelling) surrounding that is to protect the tissue inside, which made perfect sense.

• Posted

I had a radical hysterectomy a year ago and still feel like I've got swelly belly it's really getting me down as I was always a size 10/12 but now I'm buying 14's but I am 47 and I suppose my body is going to change with the menopause

• Posted

yes for up to 6 months.this is very normal so dont worry.

yiu have had such a lot done so it's to be expected. do you realise what goes on in surgery,such a lit of trauma on yiur body. rest easy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.