Swimming !

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all of you fellow sufferers out there. I have had this now since last September/October and it finally seems to be calming down.

Can anyone tell me if they know whether going swimming will make the rash worse or not? I have a feeling that the chlorine in the water will make the rash worse. What does anybody else think ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My 10yr old daughter is 9 weeks into this terrible rash... She wanted to go swimming this week.. She did go and yes it did make it a little worse...

But don't really know if the swimming was really what caused it as it does fade then re appears again...

I am trying to let her do normal things, but it is hard to see her suffer.

• Posted

Hi my experience is that salt water is good, however relaxing in a spa is not so good. It makes it worse. I have had it since September 07, and have had enough!
  • Posted

GPT,

I can imagine you would be fed up of it by now...

My daughter has only had it 9 weeks.

My GP called today to ask if she had seen the dermatologist yet, He didn't even know I hadn't been given another appointment.

He said that he'd get straight onto it, he said that 2 weeks ago....

They are saying it maybe something else now.

She just needs to get to the bottom of it.. she is only 10 and it's making her really fed up too.

• Posted

Hi

i think my 14 year old son has it, i am going to phone the gp today to get an appt - it is on his chest, arms and back - he is extremely embarrassed about it and has been asked to go swimming on Sunday - I don't think that this is such a good idea. What do you think ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.