Swimming after abdominal cyst removal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am due to have an ovarian cyst removed on 15th June. Because of the size I have been told it may have to be a larger cut rather than keyhole. I have a holiday booked on 13th July in Turkey. Does anyone know if I will be ok flying and also swimming?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have similar problem - booked hols 8th July, and have ovarian cyst, do not have an op date, so getting anxious now. I was told you need to be six weeks post op, but you may have to ask your surgeon.  Everyone is different and you will know if you feel well enough.  Another issue is insurance, you may struggle being only four weeks post op, you will need to check with company.  Regarding swimming, I would advise against that, due to the risks of wound infection.  Sorry I couldn't be more positive.  Let me know how you go on.   x
    • Posted

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I hope you get your date through soon,

Debs x

• Posted

You will need to check ... I had a large incision and was told no swimming for 6 weeks but I also had a hysterectomy so yours may be different! 
  • Posted

Hi.

Hope all goes well for you on 15th June. I am unsure on the swimming front but I was told no flying for 6 weeks due to risk of DVT.

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.