Swimming baths

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi lovely ladies,

Just a question, with lichen's, is it ok to go to the swimming baths?

Or has anyone been advised not to go?

Or has anyone had bad reactions after going?

Xxxx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hello little mermaid 😉 yes I have been in a pools on holiday and had a reaction the first time so the next holiday I slathered on Hydromol everywhere, ie whole of vulva right up to and around anal area. And repeated this after lunch and I was fine. Now I'm now guaranteeing this will work for everyone as I know we are all different but it definitely worked for me. You could try it once and see how you go ?

Good luck hon xx

• Posted

Thank you so much,

I really appreciate your help ,

I didn't want to miss out taking my grandsons swimming ,

Lots a lovexx

• Posted

I go every week, I have a barrier cream on as always, and put it on after the swim and shower, not had any problems, none more than the usaual ones anyway.

xx

• Posted

I have just been camping and swam in a river and public pool...Had an immediate flare up last night! I need to find something I can put on that will help. Does Vaseline help?

I was also told years ago when I was pregnant to stay away from public pools as the germs are rife...Perfect warm conditions to breed in and if there aren't any that is because so many chemicals have been added...

• Posted

That's got to be true when you think of it ! No, don't use Vaseline, it has petro chemicals in it. Get some HYDROMOL OINTMENT which is the same consistency but won't harm your skin. It's a barrier /moisturiser. good luck

• Posted

Thank you Caroline, I am getting ready to start swimming for therap. I appreciate your advice and will certainly find some!
    • Posted

You're very welcome. If you are in uk all chemists usually sell it in small medium and large (kilo) tubs

• Posted

I have had flares after swimming in a pool; my LS does not take lightly to the chemicals used in them. However, no issue diving in salt water or fresh water springs.

Since I have to Instruct in a pool in a few weeks I will probably put on a barrier that is petroleum based (vaseline, A&D Ointment) or zinc based (baby nappy cream). Hopefully they will help prevent a flare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.