Swimming in ocean?

Posted , 9 users are following.

This may seem like a silly question, but I'm still experiencing some slight pain and still having issues from LS, is it ok for me to go to the beach? My kids are desperate for a beach day but I've been terrified to go since being diagnosed. Thanks!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think you should be fine but if you are having an outbreak right now I just simply wouldn't go in the water
  • Posted

Salt water shouldn't cause you any grief. Salt, sun and fun should be the best tonic for you. 
    • Posted

Put a  lot of barrier cream/ ointment on if you go into the sea and mame sure sand doesnt get into those important little places and ENJOY your self- hose down as soon as you can after the experience

Have Fun  and Happy and HEALTHY  New Year

• Posted

Much better than a public swimming pool. As Sue says, just take your squeeze bottle with water & a pinch of baking soda for a rinse-off afterward. Enjoy!
  • Posted

I went swimming at a pool - just washed thoroughly afterward each time.
  • Posted

I think you should be fine swimming.   I think the main problem would be if you get sand in and around your undercarriage and so I think  I would not apply creams like vaseline whilst sat on the beach, as it will most definitely be a magnet to stray sand and then horribly difficult to wash off.  I think I would save the creams to put on after spraying myself with clean water as I'm leaving the beach.

I hope you have a lovely day.

• Posted

I always find sea water really helpful, I'm always fine when we're on holdiays and can do lots of swimming.  Don't sit around in wet togs after though, and rinse the sand off well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.