Swimming pool joy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just want to recommend doing exercises in a swimming pool. It's amazing to be able to do them and so much easier than on land! Very encouraging and a bit of a thrill! My physio recommended using ankle floats to increase resistance and that works the leg very well. Also I understand that working the muscles in water works them in a particularly all over type of way, which cannot be achieved out of water due to gravity! I started doing about forty minutes of exercises and 20 mins of the crawl a few weeks back and it really is the highlight of my week. Completely exhausted for the rest of the day but so worth it.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I also go swimming and I find it exhausting but worth it .thank you for tip to use ankle float I'll be trying that later .

• Posted

I found it quite hard to locate some cheap ankle floats. In the end i found they sell them at sports direct, though for some odd reason they are described as "mens"! If you are in uk this might be useful!

• Posted

Hi Jenny

Glad your are doing so well now you're doing pool work! Also that you're enjoying it. Keep up the good work, it sounds like you've got it sorted now!!

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

The knee feels great...eleven weeks old. What doesn't feel good is the rest of my body. Still short of breath. Going to go to my doctor again. I think I may have a bit of a chest infection.

• Posted

Yep I'm on antibiotics for a chest infection!

But then again I'm at 7 months! Just one of those things!

Get well soon.

Marilyn

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.