Switching from 100mg Sertraline to 30mg Mitrazapine

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been taking sertraline for a couple of years now, however, recently I have been struggling with anxiety and depression. My doctor upped the dose of sertraline from 50mg to 100mg. Following a review appointment two weeks later, my doctor decided I should switch to Mitrazapine to help assist with sleeping. His instruction was to reduce the Sertraline dose to 50mg for five days then stop and commence with Mitrazapine 15mg for 7 days and thereafter 30mg Mitrazapine.

I am now on day three of the 30mg dose of Mitrazapine and feel hellish! Initially, upon starting the 15mg dose of Mitrazapine I was exhausted, however, the fatigue doesn’t seem to be as bad now thankfully. I have been experiencing brain zaps for over one week now and this is dragging my mood down. Will these brain zaps ever stop?? I feel like my head is fuzzy and ready to explode. I also feel like these symptoms worse as the day progresses. Has anyone had a similar experience as me?

I am beginning to feel that this was the wrong decision to switch anti-depressants. Just so fed up at the minute!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.