Switching from citolapram lexopro

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, 

I've been on celexa or citalopram since the beginning of July.  I am constantly fatigued and have some minor sexual side effects. Has anyone transitioned from celexa to lexopro and how did you do it. I have a st appointment this after noon and will give an update on what he says. Thank you very much. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I couldn’t swap I did a week and the side effects were too much, constant nausea and dry heaving and then I would never feel full. I gave up after a week and went back to citalopram 
  • Posted

Hi Brian, I was on citalopram for about 5 months and it didn't work for me so I switched to escitalopram in August last year and felt a bit nauseous whilst switching and felt anxious but it wore off after a couple of weeks! 

I've found it works for me, still get a bit of tiredness but can live with that if it takes my anxiety away! When I switched I started on 5mg for a month, then 10mg for another month and am currently on 15mg!

Hope you get on ok 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.