Switching from Fluoxetine to Lexapro and terrified!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve been struggling the past 6 months with severe anxiety, depression, and avoidance behaviors due to the fear of having a panic attack.  I was on Fluox (Prozac) for 18 years when suddenly I developed GAD. 

My Dr. switched me to Zoloft which I tried for 6 weeks. Zoloft did not work for me. I went back to Fluoxetine and increased my dose hoping that may help... several months later I am still in the same place, actually getting worse. 

My Dr. now wants me to start 5 mg Lexapro for 14 days then increase to 10mg. 

I am soooooooo scared! But I just cannot continue to live like this. My world is shrinking and I want to feel good again. 

I would love to hear any positive feedback from anyone that has been in my shoes. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was terrified to today will be day 6 on 5mg of try to relax take it a minute at a time day by day seems like forever but I have faith and no time things should start falling back into place give it a chance to work I hope things get better for you I was just diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and a panic attack disorder I've never had this problem in my life up until a month ago 30 days ago today I've been suffering severe anxiety and panic attacks on a daily multiple times a day I've somewhat learned how to control it even though it gets severely agitated I've been to the hospital a handful of times thinking I had other problems I've also develop hypochondria issues I think something is constantly wrong with me and that's why I keep going back to the ER just stay positive say your prayers and things should start falling into place in a couple of weeks good luck

• Posted

Amber, thanks for the encouragement! How have the side effects been for you? 
    • Posted

Slight nausea and a bathroom problem aside from that a lil shaky hard to sleep....nothing to bad im on 5mg
    • Posted

Amber, I hope you continue to improve and get your life back. 🤗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.