Switching from generic to branded

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all...I have been taking generic venlafaxine 75mg, then 112.5mg for around 11 weeks. Doc gave me prescription for 150mg but I could only get the branded Effexor in that dose. Ive had 2 doses and the indigestion, burning and bloating is horrendous???.has anybody experienced this switching from generic to branded instead of the other way round?..I'm still depressed but doc said it takes time with dose increases???..,cheers!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

im on the generic version and have been advised to eat with this medication. if i dont i do experience that. have you been eating with effexor?

• Posted

Hi Tinker...yes I was told I must eat, so have always eaten with venlaxafine and the effexor. Always take with breakfast.

• Posted

Hi, the active ingredient is the same so manufacturer should make no difference. Changing dose takes a while to settle and as other reply said, you need to eat when taking them. Hope it settles down for you soon xx

• Posted

Hi cabunny...yes, the dose changes have caused high anxiety first thing which I have been given diazipan , this seems to settle after a week or so. I always take with breakfast but as you say it's probably just a higher dose thing from a low dose and will settle...cheers!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.