Switching from Zoloft to Lexapro!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im currently on 100mg of sertraline but i have really bad dry mouth (so much so its very sore and painful).

My dr has prescribed me Lexapro to try but im scared of switching? Has anyone switched? how easy/hard is it?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I love Lexapro. I am only on 10 mg for eight months and it has done wonders.  Good luck
  • Posted

I did switch from Sertraline (100 MG) to Lexapro (10 MG) and I'm glad i did! it's a lot easier to switch between Antidepressants.

• Posted

Thanks Hana! Glad to hear it worked for u. Im going down to 75 for a week, then 50 for a week, then 25 and starting with 5 lexapro then. Did you do same?
  • Posted

Thank you! It took me about 3 weeks with no issues. I started with 5 mg for a week to get used to it, then 10 mg ever since. Lexapro works. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi John, yes i switched from Zoloft to Escitalopram,

I started with 2.5mg for few days, then to 5mg, after 3 weeks , now on 7.5mg...

I was prescribed nitrazepam in tiny doses ( 1.25mg, a qarter of 5mg or maximum 2.5mg) only when i had severe panicks.

Zoloft was just not for me at all...

Make a slow switch and i think you wont regret it at all, but please remember, the beginning might not yield perfect results, till after about 2 weeks...

Take lots of water it will help with the dehydration and try to eat even when you loose appetite, avoid processed foods and sugar, this helped me soo much...

All the best...

• Posted

Thanks ama! That is amazing advice!

Im coming down slowly off Zoloft. 100 to 75 to 50 to 25 over a few weeks. Did you do same?

• Posted

Hi John, i hope you feel better?

I moved from 50mg to escitalopram, it was an instant switch because i didnt stay on Zoloft for long.

Hope ure adjusting and handling the escitalopram well...

All the best.

• Posted

Currently on 25mg for the last 2 days and feeling ok. Taking 1 xanax a day to help with sleep and/or withdrawal anxiety. Will move to Lexapro in a few days. So far so good. 
    • Posted

I took my last Zoloft 50mg on Saturday and started 5mg Lexapro Monday. Still having panic attacks but my thoughts are a little more clear than they were. Only took the Zoloft for 8 weeks so hopefully no withdrawals since I’m taking Lexapro now. Just want the anxiety and panic to be gone! 
  • Posted

Its 2 weeks now and i definitely dont feel worse. Im omn 5mg but my mouth is still dry unfortunately. 
  • Posted

It sounds like you are doing really well, John!

​Hopefully, the dry mouth will eventually go away. Two weeks is still early days yet :-).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.