Switching from Zoloft to Prozac. Need Help!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm on my second time being on Zoloft, but I've had a hard time with it. 50mg for 2 weeks then upped to 75mg and been on that for 8 days. When I upped to 75mg it has made me feel depressed and I wasn't depressed before. Went to my doctor today and he wants me to switch to Prozac. I'm very nervous about doing it, I'm already in a fragile state of mind and don't want to make things worse. Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with switching or Prozac? Will I experience withdrawals from zoloft? Side effects from Prozac? Should I give the zoloft more time? Just really don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i would like to follow this, i took zoloft 10 years ago and it helped then i stopped cause i was better.... now im suffering from horrible hormone problems and ive tried zoloft 4 times and i lasted for 2 months each time in the past 3 years but it made me feel worse! i was thinking of taking prozac but i dont know anyone who takes it and im afraid 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.