Switching meds: Cit to Flu

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is it easy?

My job at the moment has robbed me of nearly anything enjoyble.  So the 40mg of Cit is not doing much at the moment (self harming thoughts and a constant glower - reading Franz Kafka to cheer myself up!).  So I wanted to go back to the doctors to get something 'stronger' and Flu looked like the next step.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been on Citalopram?  It does take a very, very long time for it to get working and before you start feeling the benefits.  It was 3-4 months before I felt anything.  Some people do get on better with Fluoxetine - everyone's different.

K smile

• Posted

Been on Cit for over 2 years.

It was ok until this crappy job.

• Posted

Ah I see.  And you were ok before the job when on Citalopram?

I had a hard time in my last job when the boss from hell joined.  She made my life a misery and I started to become ill again, and after numerous times I complained about her I eventually left .... but not without redundancy.  Haven't bothered working again (it's getting near that time anyway).

Not saying you can just up and leave, but if you're having a lot of stress at work then your employers have a care of duty towards you.  Can you talk to someone?

• Posted

I work for agency on min wage  on sh*t hours and I don't feel like talking to anyone there.  I just want to get out, but whilst there I have given myself 2 more weeks to see if my mood improves.  So far it has destroyed my weekends and social life.  Tires me out, the plus side is that I have lost some weight.  

After 2 weeks go back to the doctors.  That may take another 2 weeks too.

• Posted

Id quit that job and go somewhere you feel good at. Not worth it for the minimum wage, specially if you dont feel like speaking, must be quite bad for you. Go somewhere else or your condition will get worse. Any medication needs a good environment to work in, anti-depressants more than anything. Ive had bad depression in past and when i was working in a shop speaking to customers all the time, walking around a lot, going up and down to the warehouse and back, stocking up, etc etc, good relationship with colleagues, felt absolutely great. Real pleasure to work there. I'd recommend the same to you. Believe you'll get another job and you will. You absolutely will.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.